My Name is Trish Thompson, I started riding lessons in 2012, and just couldn't get enough so I decided it was meant to be my life long passion. Im now starting up my own career as a full time horse trainer, and riding instructor, and having a blast doing it. Horses have helped me physically, mentally and spiritually, I want others to share my passion and experience some of the amazing things horses allow us to do. I find great accolmplishment in watching a horse grow and learn under my guildence, and even more success when that education in turn allows them to move on and be a succesful partnership with their rider. I love doing a little bit of everything with my horses, and feel it makes them great well rounded horses. I feel the more exposure to different things, engages their minds, creates a safer more experianced horse, is fun for the rider to try new things, and all while still having a set disipline to concentrate on. For me my passion is dressage and jumping, but I always find joy in taking my horses out to the mountains, cattle penning, polocrosse, side saddle, working with obstacles and so much more!!
- Equine Green Certificate Diploma (with distinction)
- Equine Science Diploma, University of Guelph (with distinction)
- Certified In First Aid
- CHA certified instructor with level 2 certification in English (with jump) and Western.
- Experience starting horses for the last 5 years, with the instruction of Iris Rau who has trained horses for over 30 years.
- Experience riding english/western, dressage, jumping, working cattle, polocrosse, obstacle challanges, gymkhana, and trail/mountain riding.
- Ability to ride anything from 10.2hh mules, 12hh ponies, 17.2hh warmbloods and anything in between!
(prices do not include board)Paints plus $360 regular/easy $420 hard keeper, At home $200 on hay $150 on grass /month
30$ per session
Monthly full training $550 ($50 discount)
(minimum of 60 days commitment to training)
Private lessons are $30/half hour, $35/45 minutes, $40/1 hour. Semi-private lessons are 2 people for 45 minutes for $30 each.
Young horse Halter breaking & ground manners
(includes learning to lead, picking up feet, desensitizing to touch, learning to tie, loading in the trailer, exposure to obstacles)
Horse Sale Consignment
%10 of sale price + training
(Includes creating sale ads, marketing horse online and with local posters, answering inquiries, Scheduling test rides and vet checks, filling out bill of sale paperwork.)
(Opportunities to get horses out and about for the cost of the event, trailering fee, and $50 daily riding fee some opportunities contact for more info)
cross country schooling